Victory Park (City Garden) has existed for more than 200 years. It is located along the Sugokleya River and the reservoir in Kropyvnytskyi. A great place to relax at any time of the year. At the beginning of the 19th century, the garden was called Potemkinsky in memory of Prince Potemkin of Tavriysky staying in these places. In the 1820s, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin visited here. Such types of trees grow in the park as: chestnut, common pine, common oak, field maple, Tatar maple, black poplar, dog rose, Cossack juniper, and in the spring, in the quiet corners of the park, the wood tulip blooms, which is listed in the Red Book of Ukraine.
In 2019, Victory Park was reconstructed and it became one of the favorite places of recreation for residents of Kropyvnytskyi.
This green island is located in the center of our city, which makes it a unique place for recreation. Previously, it was called O. Pushkin Park. It was built on the left bank of the Ingul at the beginning of the 20th century. This green oasis seems to have been created for relaxing with family and friends. At the end of the 19th century, the area was part of the so-called summer estate of wealthy townspeople. Therefore, the remains of ancient trees – oaks, linden, lilac, jasmine – have been preserved here.
Arboretum is a park with an area of 45 hectares. It was artificially created in 1958 in the middle of the bare steppe on the lands of the collective farm “Ukraine”. Then there were ears of deer here. Thanks to the enthusiasts, groups of students, schoolchildren, school teachers, teachers of the station, young people were formed. More than fifty species of trees and bushes were planted then. Today, 12 hectares of the arboretum are home to entertainment facilities, cafes, restaurants, 40 attractions, an artificial lake and a new fountain have been built. In 2015, the Dendropark became the best park in Ukraine for family recreation. A special pride of the park is the avenue of conifers, as well as magnolia, mimosa, Canadian maple, and lilac. And most importantly, rare flowers are planted in this park – muscari (small hyacinth), roses, peonies, and 3 million tulips.
Today it is called “little Holland”, because it was from this country that the journey of these flowers to our city began. The Dendropark also has a live corner where you can see pheasants, peacocks and other fauna. Every year, a new rolling lawn and 40 types of Dutch varieties of tulips are planted in the arboretum.
The oldest park, created in the middle of the 19th century, is located in the center of the city. Initially, it was part of the complex of palaces of the cavalry school and was used as a parade ground for cavalry training and inspections. Later, a square was laid out on this site and small decorative shrubs were planted, as well as a bicycle track was built. A few years later, young trees were planted – some of them have survived to this day, and their age is more than a hundred years.
Today, this park has become a favorite recreation spot for the residents of Kropivnyc. He gave rise to the Palace Boulevard, which once started from the Palace and Theater Square. In the 19th century the so-called Green, or summer theater worked in the park. Today this tradition is restored. Concerts of city musical groups take place on the stage of the summer theater.
The Kirovohrad Regional Museum of Local Lore is the heir to the city’s oldest museum institution, created in 1883 by Volodymyr Yastrebov (1855-1899), a teacher of Yelisavetgrad Zemstvo Real School.
In 1929, the district historical and archaeological museum was allocated premises at 40 Lenin Street, where it is still located today. In 1939, the museum was granted the status of a regional museum.
According to the resolution of the Kirovohrad Bureau of the Regional Party Committee dated May 1, 1946, “Before the Great Patriotic War, the funds of the local history museum had at their disposal a large number of items of history, archeology, ethnography, numismatics, flora and fauna, manuscripts by Saksagansky, Kropyvnytskyi, Russian, Dutch paintings , French, Ukrainian artists, a library with a large number of books of the 15th-18th centuries. During the occupation, the exposition was dismantled and the exhibits were dumped in the basement of the museum. Paintings, embroideries, carpets, books, porcelain, valuable vases were taken to Germany by the occupiers. Museum documentation was destroyed. In total, the museum lost more than 10,000 exhibits.”
In September 1946, the museum was opened to visitors. The exposition had two sections – nature and history of the region.
Museum collections include more than 60,000 main items and more than 27,000 scientific and auxiliary items, these are interesting collections that characterize the historical development and culture of the region from ancient times to the present day, nature. It is in this museum that some objects from the world-famous collection of O. Ilyin are kept.
3D museum tour: