Art and Memorial Museum of O. O. Osmyorkin
The communal institution “O.O. Osmyorkin Memorial Art Museum” was opened in 1994 in the building where the outstanding artist of the first half of the 20th century spent his childhood and youth. O. O. Osmyorkin.
Osmyorkin Oleksandr Oleksandrovych (1892-1953) is a professor of painting, his creative legacy is more than 700 works of painting, graphics, theater scenery, which are kept in art museums of Ukraine and other countries, and private collections.
The museum building is an architectural monument, built in 1899 according to the own design of the famous Yelisavetgrad architect Yakov Vasyliovych Pauchenko (1866-1914), the uncle of the artist, who is one of the creators of the architectural ensemble of the historical center of Kropyvnytskyi.
The exposition of the museum is placed in four halls. The memorial hall invites visitors to get acquainted with the life and work of O. O. Osmyorkin. The exhibition hall presents the artist’s painting and graphic works, photographs, documents, personal belongings, items from the creative workshop, memorial items from the Pauchenko-Osmyorkin house. Thematic exhibitions of museum collections, modern fine art, children’s and student creativity, and photo exhibitions are exhibited in the exhibition halls.
The museum holds various educational and cultural and artistic events – excursions, lectures, art studios, master classes, creative meetings and chamber music concerts.